Stress is an unavoidable fact of life but when hassles and demands of daily living become more than you can handle, stress becomes toxic to your health and results in the familiar stress-related diseases that effect every function of your system; emotional, physical and cognitive. We use a combination of methods to calm and soothe body and spirit, including:
- Supportive therapy identifying the sources of your stress and help readjust your coping style: it’s not what happens to us but how we take it that determines whether we flourish or suffer
- progressive muscle relaxation, meditation: freeing your mind
- lifestyle adjustments: nutritional counseling, becoming more physically active
- Yoga stretching: centuries old simple postures that help reduce tension and help integrate your emotions
- Walk and talk: we are prewired to have more clarity and feel calmer in the outdoors and it is therefore easier to identify elements in your life that fuel fear and worry and demand adjustment
- Referral to a psychiatrist for antianxiety or mood medication as needed.